What comes first in your mind when you hear the word CorelDraw?
CorelDraw is a software program for editing vector graphics. Vector graphics are created in graphics packages and consist of objects. Each object can be edited separately, meaning that the shape, color, size, and position can be changed.
Tips and Tricks for CorelDRAW
- Vectorization: Convert Bitmaps to Vector with Power TRACE.
- Import Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and PDF Files.
- Playing with Blends.
- Retouching Digital Camera Images for CMYK Print Jobs.
- Preparing Banners for Printing.
- Preparing Documents for Prepress and Print.
- Creating Graphics for a Full-Screen PDF Presentation.
This tool allows you to pick or select the object and transform it. You can position the object too.
- Shape Tool
If you want to edit the shape of objects chosen by the pick tool then you can use this tool.
3. Free Transform Tools
This tool allows you to alter the image objects with the help of rotation angle, rotation free, and resize. It also lets you bend the image structure.
- Smudge Brush: This tool will help you to change as well as distort the picture in general with engaging shorelines.
- Roughen Brush: This tool will let you change as well as distort the outline shape of the sketch in general with engaging shorelines.
4. Crop Tool
This tool can be used in clipping the region of an image that is not needed.
- Virtual Segment Delete: If you want to remove an object which is a part of an intersection then you can use this tool.
- Erase: It helps to get rid of some areas of the image.
5. Zoom Tool
It helps you in changing the level of magnification in the illustration window in order to look at the object more intently. In simple words, it is used as a magnifying glass.
- Hand: It helps in balancing the images that materialize in the image window
6. Curve Tools
- Freehand Tool: This tool with the help of a mouse lets you sketch curves and lines. Essentially it is used for sketching.
- Bezier: It helps to draw curves in the shape of a solitary line per point.
- Pen: It helps in sketching curves in the form of a node.
- Three-Point Curve: It helps you in drawing a curve first by identifying the start and the endpoint, then it’s center.
- Poly-line: It lets you sketch curves and lines in preview mode.
- Dimension: It helps you sketch a horizontal, vertical, oblique, and angular line.
- Interactive Connector: It lets you combine the two objects accompanied by a line.
7. Artistic Media Tool
It helps in accessing the sprayer, brush, calligraphic, preset, and pressure tools.
8. Rectangle Tool
This tool helps you in drawing squares and rectangles to initiate boxes and terms.
- Three-Point Rectangle: If you want to arrange boxes and create terms from one point to another point then this is the tool.
9. Ellipse Tool
This tool helps you sketch circles and ellipses.
10. Polygon Tool
If you want to sketch stars and polygons in a symmetric manner then you can use the polygon tool.
- Star: This tool can be used to draw stars.
- Complex Star: This tool allows you to create stars that have intersection angles and complex shapes.
11. Basic Shapes Tool
This tool helps you to select from a complete set of forms such as a right-angle triangle, smiley face, and hexagram. You can draw arrows and slanted rectangles.
- Arrow Shapes: You can draw arrows ranging from diverse shapes such as arrowheads, direction, etc.
- Flowchart Shapes: You can create a flowchart with this tool.
12. Text and Table Tool
This tool helps you in typing words straight on the screen as paragraph text or creative text. The table tool helps you in creating and editing tables.
13. Dimension Tools
This tool allows you to draw numerous lines like segment, slanted, horizontal, vertical, and three-point dimensions.
14. Connector Tools
This tool helps you in drawing a straight line, right-angle, edit anchor connector line, and rounded right-angle connector lines.
15. Interactive Tools
- Interactive Blend: Boxes and terms can be created using this tool.
- Interactive Distortion: It helps you in applying a pull or pushes distortion and a zipper distortion to an object.
- Interactive Drop Shadow: It helps you to put an object into the shadow.
- Interactive Fill: It helps you to apply numerous amount of fills to an object.
- Interactive Mesh: If you want to apply network lines to an object then you can use this tool.
16. Eyedropper Tool
Object properties like size, line thickness, and effects can be selected and copied using the eyedropper tool.
17. Outline Tool
This tool lets you open a fly-out that helps you in setting the outline properties.
18. Fill Tool
This tool lets you open a fly-out that helps you in setting the fill properties.